Friday, January 2, 2009

Because I'm Worth It

Me and 3 of my children on Christmas morning


Earlier I blogged about ditching the 'I want to lose weight' new years resolution and I decided to replace it with the 'I'm going to love myself' goal. Well I've decided to take it one step further and make it a challenge! I have been following Belinda's Back to Basics Challenge and I have found it incredibly motivating.
So I'm doing the "Because I'm Worth It" Challenge. Each week, on Friday I'm going to update my progress on how I am respecting myself, how I'm treating my body and spirit with kindness. All sounds wishy washy I know, but hell, the "I want to lose weight' yearly statement/goal is just not working!

So I've decided to break it up into categories (bit like the Back to basics Challenge):
Food
What I eat, what I want to eat, new foods, new recipe's.
Exercise
Similar to food, and total minutes exercised
Actions and Thoughts
Changing my thought process, how I'm changing my attitude, what little things am I doing to show self-respect.

If I think of more, I'll add them!

So here goes....
Food.
I need to eat breakfast everyday. This is a bad habit for me...the breakfast skipping. This morning I had porridge with a little maple syrup and banana. Also I'm aiming for 1L of water per day.

Exercise
This week the aim is to do 3 x 30 min of exercise per week. My concrete blocks stopping me doing this is the heat. We are in a heat wave of 37 degree days at the moment and I hate exercising when it is hot. However, kids are doing swimming lessons down the beach, I could pop the two year old in the big floaty doughnut thing and just walk up and down the beach. The kids lesson goes for 45 min so I can probably get a couple of 30 min sessions in.

Actions and Thoughts
In my earlier post I said I wasn't going to hide myself when I go to the beach anymore. Well I did it! Twice! I swam in just bathers, I played chasey with the kids, I built sand castles and generally splashed about. With no boardshorts to 'hide' me and without venturing out to the deeper water to 'hide' my body. It was very liberating!

Check out Lizards Tips and Tracy's Journey .

1 comment:

Jetta's Nest said...

Good for you! I'm so interested to see how you go with this, it sounds really positive and very inspiring.