Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What you Reading

Photobucket

It has been a trying couple of weeks with extended family relationship problems causing much stress, angst and tears. Sometimes I think some people could even list 'stirring up family drama's' as their hobby.

So to console myself I have been keeping busy, sewing lots, pottering about and enjoying the company of some good books. I thought I might share my latest stack of good reads with you.

The "Sew What!" series continues to impress me. I think what I love about this series is that it deviates from teaching people a recipe for making something, instead the series sets out to show readers
how to draft a pattern to fit your proportions then go on to make the garment. I own a copy of Sew What! Skirts and I was excited to find a copy of Sew What! Fleece at my local library.

Bend-the-Rules Sewing is another library gem. I've borrowed this book before, but decided to borrow again for a little bit of inspiration.

Talking of inspiration, Caft Inc. is a very how to guide on starting your own crafty business.

Choosing Eden came free with Gardening Australia magazine and I'm looking forward to curling up with a cup of tea and getting into this book.

No comments: