Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Oh dear....

My son's scout leader is moving. And there is no other leader to take her place. The cub group is full , and besides, my boy isn't quite old enough. The nearest joey group is in the next suburb, which in itself is not a big problem, but they meet on the night I have guides.
So I told my son that he may not be able to do scouts for the rest of the year, and that he can rejoin next year. Instead of arguing his disappointment, he burst into tears, saying he loves scouts and why can't he just join cubs.

This was all before school started today.

So I calm him down, we walk to class, and I then have to explain to his teacher why he is upset and teary. Which in turn, made me burst into tears, (me blaming pregnancy and hormones).

Oh dear indeed.

No comments: