Monday, December 28, 2009

Because I'm Worth It

Well it has been a while hasn't it...... I kind of fell off the wagon and all the great lifestyle changes went out the window and the weight has crept back on. Whilst on my 'diet' I got down to 87 kg and I was feeling great. Now I'm up at 94 kg and not feeling so good.

So what happened.....I guess family stress got in the way, along with uni and a busy lifestyle. It was too easy to feel unmotivated and to comfort eat. It was also easy to slip into the thought mode that "hey I'm losing weight, I can afford to have a treat".

Well enough of that! It's time to get back on the wagon. We bought a Wii along with a Wii Fit for christmas for the family and I was disgraced to find I'm in the obese category with a BMI of 36. According to wikipedia , I fall into the severely obese range. This is sad.

So it is time to do something about it, and being the end of the year and the traditional time to set goals and make life changes, I am starting my "Because I'm Worth It" Challenge.

(I'm going away on Sunday for a week, so this post applies for the next two weeks.)

Goals for the Fortnight
  • Drink 2 bottles of water (min) per day.
  • Eat breakfast everyday
  • Eat at least one piece of fruit per day
  • NO Iced Coffees or Coke or any beverage that has to be bought (water being the exception).
  • from today through to Saturday, do one 45 min session on the Wii Fit.
I think that will do for now. :)

Now being part of a team can really work wonders in getting you over the finish line, so in the spirit of team work, I've set up a Mr Linky. If you want to share you health goals and/progress, please do! I would love to read them.


No comments: